|Kevin Hennessy began his sailing in New York on the Hudson River and Long Island Sound. In 2006 He left his career as a Floor Trader on the New York Stock Exchange and moved to Southport North Carolina. Kevin opened Cape Fear Sailing Academy in 2006, seen as one of the elite Sailing Schools in the Country.
He has spent lengths of time on the water in Southport both racing, teaching and coaching, logging over 900 days on the water over the past eight years. Kevin began representing North Sails in March 2012, his loft in Southport offers sail care and repair, focusing mainly on woven fabrics such as Nordac Radian.
Kevin's top five sailing accomplishments include:
1. 2012 American Sailing Association Sailing Instructor of the Year
2. 2011 American Sailing Association Outstanding School of the Year
3. 2010 American Sailing Association Outstanding School of the Year
4. Teaching over 350 students in 2012
5. Adding three 420's and four opti's to the youth sailing program at Cape Fear Sailing Academy
6. Opening Cape Fear Sailing Academy in 2006
With much of his time spent on the water with his family, Kevin looks forward to bringing his children up in a world of sailing. He also restores old Boston Whalers with his father "which is so much fun" he says, "spending time with family is fantastic, spending time sailing with family is priceless".
Kevin can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org