Henry Bossett began sailing E-Scows at the Manasquan River YC in New Jersey. In college he was named All-American while sailing at the University of Rhode Island, and continued to win the 1980 Olympic Trials in the Tornado Class.
His career in sailmaking began in 1976 with a garage start-up in Awosting, NJ. The business grew over the following 15 years and in 1995 became North Sails New Jersey.
Henry is a three-time world champion in the DN ice boat class as well as NA champ in the M-Scow and Tornado classes. He also has experience sailing larger keelboats and catamarans, with top finishes at Key West Race Week and the Newport NOOD.
* All-American - University of Rhode Island, 1970
* U.S. Olympic Trials - 1st place Tornado Class, 1980
* DN Iceboat - World Champion 1977, 1981, 1983, North American Champion 1982, 1983, 1990, 1993, European Cup Champion 1984.
* Key West Race Week - 1st place J/39 (skipper on Runaway, 1995) and J/105 (skipper on XSSX, 1997)
* Miami SORC Regatta - 2nd place Mumm 30 (skipper/ co-owner on Runaway, 1996)
* Newport NOOD - 1st place J/44 (tactician on Vamp) and Trip 26 (skipper on WildFlower)
* M-16 Scow - ILYA Champion 1974, Pillsbury Trophy 1974, Blue Chip Champion 1968
* Inducted into Barnegat Bay Sailing Hall of Fame, 2008